Please refer to the list you made yesterday of the things that worry you.
For each of the things that worry you, and their reasons, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is this true? Be honest with yourself. Answers such as “but”, “maybe” or “however”, aren’t valid to this question. The only valid answers are, “yes” or “no.” If your answer is “yes”, justify it by giving reasons. If your answer to this question is “no”, then move to question 3.
- Is this really the truth? Remember you cannot base on your past or other people’s stories to determine whether whatever you are worrying about is true or false. For instance; if you are worried about a bill because you don’t know how you are going to pay for it; or don’t think you will get the money to pay for it, not knowing and/or uncertainty does not imply that this is the “truth”. It simply means that you don’t know, or you are not sure how things are going to materialize. The future is uncertain. The past doesn’t mean the future. So, the only truth we know is what is happening now. There is a bill to pay means just that. Everything else you come up with to validate your worry is a story, belief or memory-based.
- What feelings come up if whatever you are worrying about could be true? Write these down. Do you realize that before you read this question, you were not in touch with those feelings? This implies that there is a part of you that is free from this worry and the related emotions.
- How would you feel if whatever you are worrying about wasn’t the truth? Write these down. As you answer this question you will realize how easy it is to shift from negative emotions to positive ones.
- Spend the rest of the day focusing on the emotions that you would have if whatever you are worried about wasn’t the truth. By doing this, you will be exercising your mind to focus on the good rather than the negative.
Let me know how it goes.
These concepts are based on Katie Byron’s powerful healing method called “The Work.” What I challenge you to do is give yourself permission to tackle each of your worries and answer these questions unlimitedly. Once you do the work, you will realize how easy it is to achieve emotional freedom.
If you haven’t checked out my book Do not Force it, Tap The Good, this is a good time to get your copy from http://www.tapthegood.com/books.html
Love and light
Jacinta – http://www.tapthegood.com