The media has programmed us to doubt, and hate our appearances to levels beyond comprehension. With all the naked and semi-naked pictures of super-slim celebrities meandering all over the internet, and magazines, it is almost impossible to practice self-acceptance.
It is absurd how advertisements have programmed us to dislike our physical appearances, and instead get us to seek validation and acceptance from air-brushed and artificial beings, paraded on the internet and print media. We’ve forgotten that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. And although it is imperative to maintain a healthy body weight, it is equally as important to appreciate and love ourselves unconditionally. The challenge at hand is knocking out the competition of the multi-billionaire media industry, which aggressively and robustly seeks to reprogram our minds for self-doubt. As an individual swimming in the sea of environmental negativity, it takes more than just wish-full thinking to remain positive, love and appreciate oneself regardless of physical weight, color, or height. What has worked for me, are the following four steps.
- Take care of yourself the best you can. Endeavor to exercise daily, eat right, and do things to make you feel good.
- Look at yourself in the mirror every morning and evening, and practice self-talk. It is as simple as repeating these statements:
– I love myself unconditionally. – I am beautiful exactly the way I am. – I feel good about myself. – I accept myself wholly. – I’m unconditional love.
- Surround yourself with positive-minded people who will uplift, and appreciate you for who you are.
- Work on developing a healthier self-esteem by identifying the good and unique things about yourself. It also means establishing what you think your estimate is, or your self-worth–in relation to your core values, achievements and aspirations. Get a dairy and keep note of the good things you realize about yourself, and the things that you do that make you feel proud.
In my book Do not Force it, Tap The Good, you will discover the detailed steps that will help you weed out any self-limiting beliefs, negative thought processes, and then assist you in developing new ways to raise your self-esteem, self-love and perpetual happiness. For more about the book, please visit www.tapthegood.com. The book is also available in audio and Kindle versions.
Love and Light Jacinta Mariah, PhD Author, Qualified Speaker, and Spiritual Healing Facilitator. http://www.tapthegood.com