I recently had the pleasure of meeting with, and interviewing Jon Pirincci, a comedian, actor, and author of the book “What’s a Little Wind?” As you read the following interview-content, you will discover more about Jon, his work and book. If you are looking for a good inspirational relate-able book, What’s a Little Wind?” is an amazing book to consider.
1. Tell us about yourself and what you do.
I was born in Seattle Washington. When I was five yrs old, my parents moved to Rochester New York. After a few years living in New York, I decided to go to Orlando, Florida, a sunny place, with better weather where I could pursue my comedy and acting career. After living in Florida for 4 yrs, I learned that the television and film industry in Miami was blooming. So I moved to Miami and lived there for six yrs.
In 1998, I moved to Los Angeles to further my career in Acting and Comedy. I have lived in Los Angles for the past 15 yrs.
I am an actor and comedian. I love Stand-up comedy; and have been doing that for over 20 yrs. I also produce webi-sodes and pod-casts. Additionally, I am an author of a motivational-spiritual book titled–“What’s a Little Wind?”
2. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I have always wanted to write. I started by writing Jokes for my comedy routine with impressions, then a sitcom. I then realized that I really wanted to write a book about my life that would also inspire, and empower others. This is when I embarked on writing the book, “What’s a Little Wind?”
3. What do you think is unique about you as an author? What makes you stand out in the crowd of authors?
Having grown up in the 1960s and 70s, I understand the social positive structures and norms that made life fun and refreshing back then. This is some of what I embrace in my writing. I also blend in my humor and old fashioned values that everyone can relate to- especially in this era where technology is taking over humility and personable communication, in a world bombarded with negativity.
4. What inspired you to write this book?
I went to a motivational seminar by Joel Bauer in July 2013 where he indicated that everyone has a book in them. So I thought about it, and a month later I tapped into my creativity and started writing the book. And I have to admit that writing this book has been one of the most inspiring things that I’ve done in my life.
5. How long did it take you to write this book?
6. When did you publish this book?
I self-published it in March 2014 through CreateSpace.
7. Who did you write this book for?
I wrote the book for anyone who is looking for empowerment, inspiration, and real-life stories to relate to.
8. Why do you think people should buy this book?
Since the book shares real life experiences of people who have gone through hard times, this book is written to inspire, empower and upgrade people’s lives. The book is very relate-able; which makes it easy for my readers to comprehend the fact that everything is about perception; and happiness is a choice that we can all make.
The book contains over 20 incredible and completely true stories about miracles of faith, angels, kismet, health, patriotism, neighbors, greed and spirits. Readers will also main achieve the following:
- Gain new insights about this incredible, miraculous world we all live in.
- Make meaningful and dramatic life changes based on fresh perspective.
- Allow the wind to guide you into believing yourself and staying positive.
- See how life opens one door and closes another for a reason that will soon be revealed.
9. Please give us 4 benefits that your readers will achieve from this book.
- They will be able to tap into their abundant happiness-resources.
- They will understand that everything is about perception.
- They will comprehend the fact that we all have a choice about what to focus on, and what to ignore.
- The theme of the book, “What’s a little Wind” has inspired me and my readers to go through the hardest times—considering that stressing over our problems doesn’t make them easier, or chase them away. Becoming witnesses of our problems, and perceiving them as temporary, and with solutions to solve the problems, is what resolves them.
10. Where can your readers find your books?
- Paperback – http://www.amazon.com/Whats-Little-Wind-Inspirations-Situations-ebook/dp/B00J88BTAU/ref=sr_1_1_twi_2_kin?ie=UTF8&qid=1427726846&sr=8-1&keywords=jon+pirincci
- Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Whats-Little-Wind-Jon-Pirincci/dp/1312577258/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1427726846&sr=8-1
11. What is the retail price of your book?
12. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in writing your book?
That I can actually write a book; write every day, and be happy about it. It’s something that will stay with me forever– and I will always be proud I did it.
If you want to know more about Jon Pirincci and his book – What’s a Little Wind?” below are his contact details:
Phone: (818) 906-4856
Love and Light.
Dr. Jacinta Mpalyenkana, Ph.D, MBA
Author, Speaker, Counselor / Success Coach