You might be wondering how discipline can be negative or positive, or how this content can benefit you. However just like all other inner powers that we possess, discipline is susceptible to the law of duality. You can use it to upgrade or degrade your life.
To elaborate on this point further, I will pose a few questions for you to ponder. The questions are;
- Have you ever been so disciplined about anything yet failed to achieve your desired goal?
- What was your inspiration? Meaning, what drove you into disciplining yourself? Was it pain, fear of losing more of what you had, fear of other negative things happening, or was it the forecasted pleasure you believed was part of the result you sought?
- Would it have been “resistance” that drove your discipline?
If you were driven by pain, pleasure or fear, and failed, chances are that your actions didn’t add up to what was required. So, although you were disciplined you were probably not clear about what you really wanted, or maybe this is not what you really wanted–which attitude was reflected in your performance. Furthermore, when discipline is driven by resistance, chances are that the results are unsustainable–because whatever is resisted persists. Note that this is negative-adorned discipline.
For instance, let’s imagine that you decided to lose a few pounds and consequently started disciplining your eating habits and exercise routine. If you got disciplined to lose weight because you were resisting a heart attack, or you were resisting being fired from a job that required you to be a certain size, you were driven by resistance. This also means that what you didn’t want to happen drove you. However, if you decided to lose weight and got motivated by the desire for better health, your discipline was driven by what you wanted (This is positive-adorned discipline).
In one of these scenarios you focused on what you didn’t want, and in the second, you focused on what you wanted. Note that for the most part, manifestations match the motivations of the discipline.
So, how do you ensure that whatever you are disciplined about will reward you your desired end? Below are a few suggestions to be considered before getting disciplined to pursue any goal.
- Decide on what you want in positive terms. Make sure that it is what you really want. You must be clear about the results you want to manifest.
- Once you embark on disciplining yourself to pursue your goals, make sure that you focus on your inspiration…what you want. Regardless of what happens during this process, do not let the psychological mind derail you from your positive focus.
- Live in the end: meaning that as you take the steps towards achieving a set goal, feel as though you already have what you want, in the now. Make your then, now and your there, here.
- Go beyond just disciplining your actions and consider disciplining your mind to religiously focus on what you want.
The next time you decide to get disciplined examine the inspiration behind your decision. Also, if you are one who is energized by productivity and achievement, make sure that your disciplines are based on positive inspirations.
The Sanity Warrior: Becoming The Authority of Your Experiences, is a book I published recently and it will inspire you to examine the inner workings of your psychological mind and how you can transcend the related viruses in order to start living life on your terms.
Get your COPY, TODAY.
If anything in this article sparked you, please share your sparks. 🙂
Love and light
Jacinta MM Murray