A bija mantra, also known as a seed mantra, is a one-syllable sound used in meditation or yoga practice. The term comes from the Sanskrit.
In general, chanting a mantra focuses concentration on one purpose and/or stills the mind. In Hatha yoga, the seven cleansing bija mantras focus on the chakra energy centers along the spine in order to balance the body and the mind.
The General Benefits of Balancing and aligning Chakras.
- Liberating Guilt and Fear – Root Chakra
- Undoing Situations and Facilitating Change – Sacral Chakra
- Transformation and Miracles (DNA Repair) – Solar Plexus Chakra
- Connecting/Relationships – Heart Chakra
- Awakening Intuition – Throat Chakra
- Returning to Spiritual Order – Third Eye Chakra
- Connection to Higher-self- Guidance and spiritual wisdom – Crown Chakra
In traditional Hatha Yoga, the 7 cleansing bija mantras associated with the chakras are;
“LAM”- chakra 1 (root)
“VAM”- chakra 2 (sacral/navel)
“RAM”- chakra 3 (solar plexus)
“YAM”- chakra 4 (heart)
“HAM”- chakra 5 (throat)
“OM”- chakra 6 (third eye/brow)
“OM”- chakra 7 (crown)
Use the bija chants to cleanse and elevate your chakras in this video.
Love and light
Check out my new spiritual oils for Love attraction, Money Magnetism and Energy purification at: http://tapthegood.com/productsandprograms/
Dr. Jacinta Mpalyenkana-Murray, PHD, MBA, is a Spiritual Counselor and Transformational Coach. She specializes in partnering with her clients to release and let go of whatever doesn’t serve them energetically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually—in order to live life on their terms.
**Jacinta is also a Reiki Master. And she employs different reiki techniques plus other energy healing tools to help her clients cleanse, purify, elevate and balance their energy bodies.