To begin, what is authenticity?
The Merriam Webster dictionary, has several meanings for the word authenticity. However, I have chosen to use the two below.
~ ” Not false or imitation, real or actual.
~ “True to one’s own personality, spirit, or character.”
Further explained, authenticity implies that one is comfortable in their own skin. They know they are enough, and they believe they have enough for themselves.
One thing I have realized is how the egoistical mind presents fear in our minds, that when given attention to, renders us afraid of ourselves. We start doubting ourselves. We create and cement delusional, unsupported conclusions that we are not good enough; we can’t shine as we are; we need to be like other people; we need to copy what other people are doing, or being, and then behave likewise. However, we forget the power of authenticity. There are many benefits of being authentic, including the following:
- Self-confidence: You know that you don’t have to try so hard to be someone else and this gives you the confidence to be you.
- Emotional wellness: You are less stressed because you are not trying to keep up with what other people are doing, or being. You are okay as you are, and only seek to improve yourself.
- Originality: Being original is attractive and beautiful. It presents a fresh, unique perspective on life. People tend to be more drawn to you.
- Creativity: It is easier to be more creative when you are true to yourself.
- A chance to attract authentic relationships: Since you attract who you are, there is certainty that you will attract more authentic people, who will also accept you as you are.
- Success: If you are in business and doing you, chances are that you will succeed because you won’t be trying to steal other people’s ideas. And even when you get ideas from other business people, you include your own spin because you know that you are an important ingredient in your business strategies. You don’t wanna leave your uniqueness out of anything you offer.
“Being authentic is positioning yourself on a powerful and strong foundation to rule your world.” ~ Dr. Jacent Mpalyenkana-Murray, PHD. MBA
Being authentic means being free of the fear of being yourself. And even when you are afraid, you don’t let the fear stop you. The good news is that we are all created with inner abundant inexhaustible resources designed to support us in all our endeavors. Even when we feel less of who we are, or afraid to be who we authentically are, we are still enough. We have wonderful powers such as, the power of choice, attention, focus, dedication, perseverance, gratitude, influence, belief, love–to mention but a few. All we have to do is let go of whatever is shadowing our inner resources. We have to let go of fear, doubt, negative memories, and the like. We have to use our power of attention on ourselves. We have to believe that we are enough, regardless of what we have experienced.
Now, are you less of this fear? Are you authentic in all your endeavors? If not, what is preventing you?
In my book, Power-Prayers For personal freedom, you will get to command your subconscious mind to release all negative prompters that bind you to your self-inflicted imprisonment.
Love and light