How often do you feel uninspired?
What do you do when you keep procrastinating just because you don’t feel the urge to get started on a particular project?
What can you do to inspire yourself?
There are times when I have had projects to pursue: times when I know exactly what to do, how to do it, plus have the resources needed to get started. But for some reason, I couldn’t get started because I felt so uninspired.
Most times it is because my mind is stuck on what things are supposed to be, or shouldn’t be. Other times, I’m thinking about what’s wrong and how wrong it could get. And that’s how the matrix holds each of us captive. We find ourselves knowing what to do and not doing it. It is like you are aware that fire burns but you keep playing with it. You are aware that when you don’t take action nothing will be accomplished, but you don’t take action. What kind of BS is that? lol.
The underlying reason is because we are afraid. Note that we are either hosts of progress or hostages of fear. If your fear doesn’t drive you, you are its hostage.
One of the ways to snap out of this mind block is to inspire ourselves. However, how do you inspire yourself when you don’t want to do anything? Apparently, you’ve consciously and/or subconsciously driven yourself into this emotional/mental mess. This also implies that if you feel lethargic, and you have lost the grip on how to get out. Yet, it is still up to you to get your stressed-behind out of this mess. What do you do?
Here are a few steps to get you started on inspiring yourself.
- Know that it is your responsibility to feel good and inspired. Remove the blame from anything or anyone out of yourself. Get a grip of your mind and make it your hostage. Direct your mind to do what you want instead of the other way round. Talk yourself into taking full responsibility of your emotions.
- Remember, or find your why. Go back to the drawing board of why you want to accomplish that goal. For instance, during days when I don’t feel like writing or making videos to inspire my audience, I remember why–which is my life purpose. I know that when I inspire others through the different ways I do, this is the time I feel alive the most. Therefore, find your why.
Meditate. Yes, meditate. Some people think that meditation is for monks. But I attest to the power of meditation. Meditation has helped me overcome some of the ugliest situations in my life. Meditation has rewarded me with a lot of clarity, enthusiasm and unconditional inner peace. It’s mainly through meditation that I get the ideas I write, and record about. The benefits of meditation are inexhaustible. To get started, you can check out my simple morning meditations on gratitude and divine love. The links are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgMpYijDTjU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk7JhGZOZvU I also suggest that you start your day off with meditating. It makes all the positive difference.
- Exercise: Once you change your physiology, your mood will change. Stand up, stretch, stand in your power pause, go for a walk, do yoga or whatever you can to get moving. This will amplify the production of your happy hormones and then get you inspired to take action.
- Listen to affirmations. Here are a few I’ve recorded. Links: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHyp6f8_jp4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXf_l7hpFqw
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Listen to inspirational messages. Some of these messages can be accessed by clicking on these links: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dl-rhzBgOY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flCW8oaRQYM
Read a good book. You can read, Do Not Force it, Tap The Good — guaranteed to inspire you. Link to the book – https://www.amazon.com/Do-not-Force-TAP-GOOD/dp/1461079098
8. Hire the services of a transformational coach or counselor. I offer 30 minutes complimentary sessions and these can be enough to facilitate your self-inspirational goals. To request for your free session, check out www.tapthegood.com/contact/
I’m certain that there are hundreds of other ways that you can employ to get you inspired. But the ones I have provided above, will create a strong foundation for you to get started on inspiring yourself.
In the interim, do not worry. Nothing lasts for ever. Every thing will be okay. I promise.
Remember to subscribe to my blog, and visit my YouTube channel to access hundreds of inspirational uplifting or problem solving tips I offer every week through my videos. Link – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqdoCgt0iLCT8gBAnXg-HGQ
Dr. Jacinta Mpalyenkana, PHD, MBA
Author, Transformational Coach, Counselor, Speaker