Perseverance is a skill that’s vital for success. Without perseverance one is set to give up easily and then move from project to another just because things didn’t work out as they wanted. The most successful people in the world know how it feels to fail repeatedly but keep going no matter what comes their way.
Stories about the Fright brothers, Albert Einstein, Honda, plus many other iconic beings in history, are intended to remind us that perseverance is a necessary skill for success to be attained. Besides, the degree of celebration for any victory generally depends on the energy invested, number of obstacles overcome and the level of perseverance.
I, like most people have had my share of disappointments in my business and life in general: disappointments that have left me feeling beaten and broken to my very core. But the passion I have to achieve my life purpose has energized me to get up, pick up the broken pieces and move forward.
The questions are;
- What does it take to persevere through turbulent times?
- What does it take not to give up?
- Where do you get the drive to keep moving forward when you’ve been disappointed repeatedly?
- How do you persevere when you have failed so many times, and consequently believe that you are a failure and will continue to fail?
In this video, I share a few personal stories that will inspire you to get up and keep moving forward. I also share 6 tools that will help you do the same.
The tools in summary are:
~ Be clear about what you want to offer and why?
~ Focus on becoming an expert in your field of preference.
- Use related personal stories to support your credibility
- Keep researching and learning new information about your field
- Invest in self-development, coaching and/or counseling.
~ Don’t take things personally. Don’t let other people’s behavior, opinions and perceptions disorient you from pursuing your goals.
~ Focus on what you want religiously
~ Keep taking steps–however small.
~ Don’t give up.
Dr. Jacinta Murray is an author, speaker, transformational coach and spiritual counselor. She works with over 1000 clients annually, on and offline, to help them achieve emotional freedom from the negative past, heal from trauma, abuse and stress, develop a success-infused mindset, cleanse the unconscious mind from blockages, resolve bloodline and lineage conflicts, and get clear about their life purpose—among other issues.